Tropical Art and Nature Retreat
Join us on the lush Big Island of Hawaii!
Tropical Art & Nature Retreat
December 10-16, 2017
Explore the beauty of the Big Island while you expand your creativity. Have fun and learn new skills in this 5 day/6 night tropical retreat designed to delight nature lovers and artists of all levels.
IMAGINE A WEEK THAT INCLUDES:
• Watercolor painting every day
• Authentic off grid island living
• Eating three healthy, organic meals a day
• Practicing gentle yoga
• Swimming in naturally geothermal heated warm ponds
• Viewing lava as it flows directly into the ocean
• Snorkeling in a protected tide pool sanctuary
• Exploring local scenic and cultural hot spots
WATERCOLOR PAINTING AND CREATIVE EXPLORATION
Master watercolorist and island artist Abbie Rabinowitz will facilitate daily en pleinair painting excursions to local scenic ‘hot spots’. Her creative lesson plans integrate insightful tips, supportive critique and discussions.
Over the 5 days of the retreat we will choose from dozens of possible adventures and scenic painting spots, all within a short drive or walk.
Tropical subjects available to paint:
- Amazing tropical landscapes
- Colorful seascapes
- Exotic trees, palms, flowers, foliage and fruits
- Early bird sunrise painting sessions
- Option to paint indoors in a beautiful, local art studio
You’ll be staying in Hale Kahuamua, a lovely open air Polynesian style screened redwood home located along Puna’s most beautiful scenic byway, the Red Road, called this for its original one lane paving in red cinder
Experience authentic island style off grid living in a ‘garden of eden’ on this former macadamia nut farm.
YOGA & HEALTHY MEALS MADE WITH ISLAND LOVE
You can participate in daily mind & soul soothing yoga and invigorating swim sessions.
Monday-Friday: Your body will be lovingly fed 3 delicious island fresh organic homemade meals.
*In addition Sunday dinner & Saturday breakfast are included!
Fresh island fish • Garden grown veggies • Local fruits
AMAZING ADVENTURES AT NEARBY SCENIC HOT SPOTS
• Geothermal fed warm ponds
• Black Sand beaches (clothing optional)
• Wai Opae tide pools for excellent snorkeling
• Miles of amazing coastal scenic beauty on the Red Road
• Lava viewing excursions
• Uncle Robert’s famous Wednesday night market with local music, foods and crafts
• Pahoa Town, a delightful hippie enclave with shops and restaurants
• Old Hilo Town with its historic old buildings & galleries
• Volcano Art Center in Volcanoes National Park
Robin Worley and Abbie Rabinowitz are island residents, artists, and all round fun people!
We are super eager to share our love of nature, art and the Big Island at this year’s Tropical Art & Nature Retreat. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have about us, the retreat, and the Big Island of Hawaii.
Much aloha and we hope to see you here this December!
Your chef for the retreat is longtime island resident Robin Worley. She has a green thumb in the garden and is an expert hand in the kitchen. She loves preparing healthy island cuisine from local organic fruits and vegetables. Robin will surprise you with the wealth of knowledge she has about the history and nature of the Big Island. She is also an avant garde fashion designer, a visionary painter and papermaché artist.
Abbie Rabinowitz is a fine artist painter (MFA) and also a certified yoga teacher (200 hrs TTC). She’s been painting en pleinair landscapes along the Red Road in Hawaii for nearly 20 years. Abbie is a master watercolorist and welcomes students at all levels. She will facilitate your experience with encouragement and gentle critiques. She is insanely inspired by the Big Island and is passionate about sharing her inspiration with others.
(5 days/6 nights)
$1,150 per person/private room
$950 per person/shared room
- Accommodations for Sunday evening (Dec. 10) through Saturday morning (Dec. 16)
- 3 daily meals: fresh, local & organic (plus Sunday arrival dinner & Saturday departure breakfast)
- Daily yoga & swimming adventures
- Art classes (materials will be supplied or bring your own)
- Guided excursions
- Tons of ALOHA!
Note: Does not include airfare or car service. Excursions will involve use of personal vehicles. We can help coordinate shared car rental.
Full payment is due when you registration online.
Space is limited. Early registration encouraged!
We are choosing to keep this group small to maximize the experience and comfort level for all attendees.
No more than 6-8 people are able to register for the 2017 Tropical Art & Nature Retreat.
Registration closes when our retreat is full.
Cancellation policy: No refunds